Senior Associate – Beaconsfield
Rupi is a member of Resolution and is committed to resolving matters using a non-confrontational approach, but will not hesitate to initiate court proceedings if necessary.
Rupi has extensive experience of dealing with financial issues on a relationship breakdown, including assets located abroad. This includes drafting and advising on Pre and Postnuptial Agreements. She has expertise in advising on police and military pensions, having represented all levels of officers over the past 15 years.
She has successfully represented many clients in contested Child Arrangements proceedings, including defending Leave to Remove applications and Schedule 1 proceedings.
Some of the clients Rupi has represented include:-
- Several clients who are directors of companies with annual turnovers of £5m+
- Clients with multiple assets located around the world
- A client with a large trust fund in South America and assets located in the UK and US involving proceedings in New York and England and Wales
- Clients in combined TOLATA and Schedule 1 Children Act proceedings
- Successfully defended Leave to Remove proceedings and subsequent appeal applications
- Securing a shared care arrangement for several fathers
- Numerous police officers from PCs to Chief Superintendents in financial matters
Rupi qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and practiced at various firms across the south of the country. Before joining Rayden Solicitors, she headed Slater and Gordon’s family department in London.
Rupi is a member of Resolution (the national organisation of family solicitors committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes).
Rupi is happy to meet clients in London or Beaconsfield.
What Legal 500 has to say about Rupi
2015 – “Manages cases perfectly”.
2016 – “… team is ‘a slick, well-run machine that still has the personal touch’. Rupi Rai is recommended.”
2017 – “Rupi Rai’s case preparation is ‘watertight. She is charming, approachable and highly astute, and takes good care of her clients’