Rupi is committed to resolving matters using a non-confrontational approach, but will not hesitate to initiate court proceedings if necessary.
Rupi has extensive experience of dealing with financial issues on a relationship breakdown, including assets located abroad. This includes drafting and advising on pre and post nuptial agreements. She has expertise in advising on police and military pensions, having represented all levels of officers over the past 15 years.
She has successfully represented many clients in contested Child Arrangements proceedings, including defending Leave to Remove applications and Schedule 1 proceedings.
Some of the clients Rupi has represented include:
- Several clients who are directors of companies with annual turnovers of £5m+
- Clients with multiple assets located around the world
- A client with a large trust fund in South America and assets located in the UK and US involving proceedings in New York and England and Wales
- Clients in combined TOLATA and Schedule 1 Children Act proceedings
- Successfully defended Leave to Remove proceedings and subsequent appeal applications
- Securing a shared care arrangement for several fathers
- Numerous police officers from PCs to Chief Superintendents in financial matters
Rupi qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and practiced at various firms across the south of the country. Before joining Rayden Solicitors, she headed a large regional firm’s family department in London.
Rupi is a member of Resolution (the national organisation of family solicitors committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes).
Rupi is supported by Leyla Turkoglu. Email Leyla.
The service you provided in such short notice was fantastic. I was seriously impressed by the speed and accuracy of how you handled my case last minute and the professional advice you gave me with my case. I highly recommend Rayden Solicitors to anyone looking for legal representation in family law.Client on Rupi
I would like to thank you and Harry for your very kind and professional approach throughout my challenging divorce.Client on Rupi
Thank you so much for your expertise, support and guidance. You have been amazing and I am forever grateful.Client on Rupi
Rupi Rai’s case preparation is ‘watertight. She is charming, approachable and highly astute, and takes good care of her clients’Legal 500
… team is ‘a slick, well-run machine that still has the personal touch’. Rupi Rai is recommended.Legal 500
I would like to thank Rupi and Anisha for their help, professionalism and care. They were outstanding from first meeting to last email. They helped me through a difficult situation, gave me advice and I came away with a perfect result.Client on Rupi
- The Supreme Court case Re KL  UKSC 75 and E v B C436/13 in the Court of Justice in the European Union
- AA v TT  EWHC 3488 (Fam) She also represented the Respondent Mother in an application for enforcement of a Turkish Custody Order under the rarely used Luxembourg Convention
- SR (A Child: Habitual Residence)  EWHC 742 (Fam) Jennifer represented the Respondent Mother in this case, which has since gone to the court of appeal
- Re S and T (Intercountry Adoption: USA)  EWHC 1753 (Fam) Jennifer represented the Respondent Father before the President of the Family Division