Rosalind also has considerable experience in difficult children cases between separated parents, including same sex couples and alternate family structures and issues arising from surrogacy and fertility arrangements.
Rosalind is also experienced in international children cases and jurisdictional disputes. She has acted in several reported cases in this field, both in the High Court and in appeals.
Rosalind joined Rayden Solicitors in 2020, from a London firm where she was acting Head of Department, and is based in our Bishop’s Stortford office. She qualified as a solicitor in 2007 and has worked in family law since 2002.
Rosalind Fitzgerald advises clients with great care, attention and patience and a great deal of compassion.
I have had the best possible support from you and I want to continue to have the best representing me!
Rosalind I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all your hard work, professionalism and support through such a difficult time in my life – I would not hesitate to recommend you.
- H v W  EWHC 1897 (Fam) Acted for the respondent in an appeal against an arbitration financial remedies award, one of a handful of reported cases in this area. Successfully defended the appeal with a costs award.
- H V S (Surrogacy Agreement)  EWFC 36 Acted for a mother whom it was alleged had entered into a surrogacy agreement to have a baby with her male friend in relation to a dispute as to who the child should live with, and advised on subsequent appeal proceedings. This case attracted wide-spread media attention.
- Re LM (A Child)  EWHC 646 Acted for the Health Service Executive of Ireland, instructing leading and junior counsel in proceedings concerning the appropriate jurisdiction of care proceedings.
- Re NM,  EWHC 3590 Application under Schedule 3 MCA 2005 for recognition and enforcement of a foreign court order with respect to an incapacitated adult. Instructed leading and junior counsel.
- SJ & Anor v JJ & Anor  EWHC 3450 (Fam); and SJ v JJ  EWHC 931 (Fam) Proceedings under Brussels II rev following a non-return order made in Hague Convention proceedings in Poland. Acted for the mother in her successful defence against the application for return.
- Re W (Minors) (Child’s Objections)  EWCA 520 Civ Application for permission to appeal a non-return decision in Hague Convention proceeding, having also acted in the court of first instance for a father for the return of his three children to the republic of Ireland.
- Re HM; PM v KH and HM (By the Official Solicitor); States of Guernsey Interested Party  EWHC 870 (Fam)  2 FCR 639; Re HM (Adult), PM v KH and anor (No 3)  EWHC 871 (Fam); 30 April 2010: Re HM (Adult), PM v KH and anor (No 4)  EWHC 1579; Re HM (no 5)  EWHC 2107 (Fam) Acted for a vulnerable adult through the Official Solicitor in a series of cases heard in the High Court concerning the abduction of the incapacitated adult to Israel by her father in breach of a court order. The vulnerable adult was eventually successfully recovered to this jurisdiction using the courts inherent powers.
- W v W  EWHC 3288 (Fam) Joinder of 17 year old sibling to Hague Convention proceedings.