We are now recruiting for an experienced Legal Cashier to proactively manage all our office and client accounts within our busy Finance team.
This is a fantastic Legal Cashier opportunity for those wishing to continue their finance career within an award winning specialist family law practice.
Key Tasks of the Legal Cashier:
- Daily bank reconciliations on office and client accounts
- Prepare transfers to office account in accordance with SAR Rules
- Speaking with clients on an as and when basis to resolve queries in conjunction with Fee Earners
- Prepare cash statements for clients as required
- Processing payments by credit card
- Accurate filing and administration of all files
- Managing the Counsel and Experts ledgers
- Purchase Ledger
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC rules on VAT and assisting with VAT returns
- Reconciliation of nominal accounts as and when required
- Reconciliation of Client ledgers as and when required
- Run Month end procedures in a timely fashion
- Responding to requests for reports from staff members in a timely fashion
- Daily postings for Office and Client account
- All aspects of billing including credit notes.
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- Comply with the SRA Code of Conduct
Key Skills and Abilities of the Legal Cashier:
- A solid background as a Legal Cashier in a law firm
- Solid experience of billing and client reconciliations
- Good working knowledge of SAR Rules
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience of liaising with Accounts software providers in terms of queries raised
- Analysis, problem solving and attention to detail
- Strong written, analytical and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and work under pressure
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.