We are recruiting for an experienced Legal Cashier to proactively manage all our office and client accounts within our busy Finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those wishing to continue their finance career within an award winning specialist family law practice.
- Daily bank reconciliations on office and client accounts
- Prepare transfers to office account in accordance with SAR Rules
- Speaking with clients on an as and when basis to resolve queries in conjunction with Fee Earners
- Prepare cash statements for clients as required
- Processing payments by credit card
- Accurate filing and administration of all files
- Managing the Counsel and Experts ledgers
- Purchase Ledger
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC rules on VAT and assisting with VAT returns
- Reconciliation of nominal accounts as and when required
- Reconciliation of Client ledgers as and when required
- Run Month end procedures in a timely fashion
- Responding to requests for reports from staff members in a timely fashion
- Daily postings for Office and Client account
- All aspects of billing including credit notes.
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- Comply with the SRA Code of Conduct
Key Skills and Abilities:
- A solid background as a Legal Cashier in a law firm
- Solid experience of billing and client reconciliations
- Good working knowledge of SAR Rules
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience of liaising with Accounts software providers in terms of queries raised
- Analysis, problem solving and attention to detail
- Strong written, analytical and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and work under pressure
To endeavour to create a working environment of trust, support and dedication to excellence. Every individual, irrespective of role, is part of the team that will get us there and is accountable to one another.
To select team members on aptitude, attitude and action, people who take charge of their dreams and ideas and who embrace accountability.
Respecting one another and remembering the small courtesies that make a work day sunnier
Working together effectively and efficiently
Commitment to the firm, to supporting each other and to providing excellent service
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from suitably qualified persons irrespective of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
No agencies please.